I had an observation lesson today and decided to pull out all the technology tricks! We happened to be at a point in the scheme of work looking at data handling and collecting data in particular. I decided I’d develop the Questionnaires lesson which I used at interview last year. 60 minutes should be enough to do it more justice.
So here’s the plan:
- Discuss data quality based on previous lesson
- Tweet a link to my questionnaire and a Wallwisher for feedback on the questions
- Fill out my questionnaire full of deliberate mistakes in class
- Look at the live data spreadsheet
- Groups look at the data for one question, suggest problems with the data collected, and suggest improvements to the data.
- Discuss findings, looking at key points of: Leading Questions, Bias, Open/Closed Qs, Personal Qs, Options Boxes, Group boundaries etc.
- Look at Twitter feedback on Wallwisher, compare to our own thoughts
- Each team leaves one learning point on our own Wallwisher.
- Compile new Qs into anew Questionnaire